Christian healing prayer scriptures for cancer patients
Friend, as earlier mentioned, Christian healing scriptures for cancer patients are a great way of praying for healing for cancer patients. In Jeremiah 1:12 God says “..for I watch over my word to perform it.” And we read in Psalms 107:20 “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” It is God’s desire that cancer patients be healed. God says in 3 John 2 “Beloved I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” He continues to say in Jeremiah 30:17 “For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD..”
Below are general biblical healing scriptures that one can use for prayer or for confession for cancer patients.
1. Mark 11:25-26
Friend, unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26.
“And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [a]let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings.”
2. Psalms 118:17 “I shall not die, but live, And declare the works of Jehovah.”
3. Isaiah 53:4-5 - Isaiah 53 talks of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God. The Bible says…
“Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
Friend, Jesus hath borne your sicknesses and diseases and has carried your pains. He bore them and carried them away to a distance. You don't have to bear what He bore for you. Refuse to bear what He bore for you. Satan cannot put on you what Jesus bore for you. By His stripes you are healed and made whole.
4. Psalms 91:1-16 - Friend, this is a glorious psalm. Confess it, pray it. “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of Jehovah, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in whom I trust.
For he will deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, And from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover thee with his pinions, And under his wings shalt thou take refuge: His truth is a shield and a buckler.
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night, Nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
For the pestilence that walketh in darkness, Nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
A thousand shall fall at thy side, And ten thousand at thy right hand; But it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold, And see the reward of the wicked.
For thou, O Jehovah, art my refuge! Thou hast made the Most High thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, Neither shall any plague come nigh thy tent.
For he will give his angels charge over thee, To keep thee in all thy ways.
They shall bear thee up in their hands, Lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: The young lion and the serpent shalt thou trample under foot.
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble: I will deliver him, and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him, And show him my salvation.”
5. Psalms 112:7 “He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: His heart is fixed, trusting in Jehovah.”
Reject fear, cast out fear and embrace faith. Let your heart remain fixed trusting in Jehovah.
6. 1 Peter 5:7 “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”
Friend, cast all your cares upon Jesus – He cares for you.
7. Exodus 23:25 “And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.”
8. 1 Peter 2:24 “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”
9. James 5:14-16 “Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”
Friend, call your pastor or elders from your church and let them anoint you with oil, pray for you in the name of the Lord and honor the above scriptures and healing will come your way.
10. Matthew 21:21 “Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.”